Sunday, November 9, 2008

RUSH

"all this love" -debarge
(yeah, just got inspired..)

i had a moment earlier tonight. Rush, live in concert, was on palladium (or palladia?). neat channel. anyway, i immediately pressed record, along with the SNL presidential special.
anyway anyway...
when they started playing Tom Sawyer that did it for me. I had never heard it live before. the tingly feeling overcame me. well, let me be frank.... my eyes puddled up. really. why?
couple reasons...
- tom sawyer was one of the songs that inspired me to start playing the drums.
- thus, when i heard neil peart on the Motion Pictures album overall i thought he was one of the sickest drummers i'd ever heard... and still to this day. Danny Carey, you're up there with that legend.

later in the show Neil had a major drum solo. MA-JOR. holy shit, he hasn't lost a step.


No comments: