Thursday, January 15, 2009

city nights and day time lights

my daily schedule as of late has been pretty... open. going to the gym late, reveling in unworldly self time at GG park at 2pm, ... thanks God. But i'm psyched to get school started again too!

I finished chapter 3 in my book, Inspiration, at the park and it was enlightening or rather, refreshing. Being in solitude among the natural surroundings of this GG park knoll was appropriate for understanding what Dr. Dyer speaks of in spirit and inspiration.
Dr. Dyer adapted a list of messages- ego-driven vs. Spirit-driven- from a book called The Disappearance of the Universe. One excerpt (though needless to say the others were just as significant to me) which resonated with me, which reminded me to be at peace is...

"Ego is constantly telling us to be fearful about losing what we have and warning us of greedy others who'll take what's ours- but God doesn't take away from us. As we learn to think this way, we attract more of what's missing in our life. The reason for this is simple: We become what we think about. If we think about giving, like God does, the Universe will provide. If we think about things being taken away, then that's what we'll attract."

I think it's so perfect that all I have experienced from events, spiritual engagements, philosophical lessons, etc. in the past several years is all coming together in my spiritual locker to help me understand value; what's important and what things/matters of this world shall I not let inundate my sense of what's real. Reading this chapter also reminded me of how everything i've learned and realized regarding drive/direction/etc. is founded on the same principle- positive thinking attracts positive circumstances, simply put.
But i know this is just the beginning. Life is constantly a work in progress, like B and I have talked about several instances. Life ain't easy, but if we are at least aware of such reality and the fact that each of us is grounded on a Source preceding this world then we can only be confident to progress each day.

Yay ya!


...love this

stairway to eerie. forest hills station.



man, if this doesn't capture the essence of today...




and my shoulder still pains me. go figure.
but i just made another batch of banana oatmeal cookies. this time with a tbsp of honey. sweetness. i'm going to draw now. peace.

No comments: