Saturday, February 14, 2009

Corrugated Cardboard Chair

Be Good to Yourself -Journey

first assignment of Design Project 1- design/construct a working chair made from recycled corrugated cardboard. you have three weeks.
Coincidently, I went to Hawaii for homecoming '09 following up the first week. So I did all my conceptualization there; sketched and made very small scale models while hanging out with B at work. One of my ideas, the fan chair, took my final interest. I know i wasn't up to par with the scaled model or how much time i put into testing out different construction or form alternatives as the other students, but I just knew my design would work. work, in the sense of appearance, function, and ease of production. it reminded me of the song from lenny kravitz, "believe." in the end, the final stages of putting it together felt good and thus, the final product was exactly how i expected it to turn out. (wipe forehead, whew)







my reward, Bob's apple fritter.

No comments: